Montreux is a beautiful Swiss town overlooking the eastern end of Lake Geneva, a popular holiday and jet set resort, famous for its recording studios and its Jazz festival. Along the lake just 3 km from Montreux is the Chillon Castle (Château de Chillon), dating from the 12th century, which now houses a rich historical museum. The Montreux Christmas Market is famous throughout Switzerland. The Montreux Christmas Market is the most important event that takes place in the city during Christmas.
MONTREUX CHRISTMAS MARKET
1) Montreux Christmas Market (Marché de Noël, Montreux Noël). Market full of wooden stalls with numerous and original proposals for Christmas gifts. There are also numerous proposals from the local gastronomic tradition such as mulled wine or woodcutters’ tea. The Christmas shows and the big wheel will provide a merry setting. The Montreux Christmas market features more than 150 exhibitors of artisanal and gastronomic products from the region making it one of the most interesting markets in the region.
2) Village des Lutins. The “Village des Lutins” is usually found in the gardens of the Montreux Casino. You will find: Santa’s Workshop, Santa’s Post Office, many animals, children’s shows, games …..
3) Village des Bûcherons. The village of the Woodcutters with its magnificent log cabin made by the cutters of the Commune of Montreux is the space where conviviality will reign supreme.
4) Medieval phantasmagorias at Chillon Castle (La Féerie Médiévale au Château de Chillon). During the Advent weekends (Saturday and Sunday) Chillon Castle hosts the Montreux Noël Medieval Market. In the castle the atmosphere of the Middle Ages is recreated with characters in period costumes. The Tale Festival also takes place in the castle.
5) Le Jardin Magique. Discover the magical light and sounds of the Magic Garden and its huge light sculptures. Located on Lake Geneva opposite the Hotel Suisse Majestic.
6) Santa Claus House (Maison du Père Noël). Do not miss a visit to the house of Santa Claus which is located on the summit of the Rochers-de-Naye (2032 alt.), a beautiful mountain viewpoint overlooking Montreux. In Santa’s house you will also find the office where Santa Claus works and where he will wait for your visit during Christmas.
7) Les Artisanales & Brocante de Noël. Center des Congrès, 2m2c of Montreux. 150 exhibitors offering only local and regional handicrafts as well as the Christmas flea market. Discover their creations and local products.