Frauenfeld, the capital of the canton of Thurgau, is located a few dozen kilometers west of Lake Constance. The city, founded in the 13th century as a fortified castle, became a possession of the Habsburgs in the following century, and in 1460 it became part of the Helvetic Confederation. The small town, very suggestive, has in its historic center several examples of medieval and Baroque-style buildings.
FRAUENFELD CHRISTMAS MARKET
1) Frauenfeld Christmas Market (Weihnachtsmarkt Frauenfeld). The largest Christmas market in Thurgau is made up of more than 150 wooden chalets as well as numerous festively decorated shops in the old town. In the church you can find the life-size nativity scene with live animals. Among the events, the arrival of the caravan of the Magi on their camels.
The Christmas market transforms the city center of Frauenfelder into a romantic Christmas city. The town is festively lit and during the market the organizers also offer a rich program of events and shows. The atmosphere at the Frauenfeld Christmas market is joyful and friendly, the city’s shops compete with their most beautiful windows.