The Wiener Adventzauber (the Magic of Advent in Vienna) is housed in the Town Hall Square of Vienna and is one of the culminating events of the great feast of Christmas. This event has become part of the atmosphere before Christmas, so as to make cookies in the oven, or choose Christmas gifts.
The smell of gingerbread, almonds and honey, in fact, gives everyone the feeling of Christmas. In addition to traditional favorites of the audience as the Tree of Hearts, the Kasperl Theater or the Old Carousel, this year, for example, there are gnomes that await visitors in a small house.
While children may enjoy the Kasperl and his brigade or trust the Child Jesus their desires. Adults turn around with a look of surprise to the town hall park set up for the feast among the trees imaginatively decorated that invite you to take a walk especially in the evening, when they shine in a sea of lights. In addition to the Tree of Hearts, stars, and candy-lit, there is a new tree with so many cute little angels.
VIENNA CHRISTMAS MARKETS
Dates of the Christmas Market:
Usually end of November – December
1) Viennese Christmas market of the Child Jesus (Wiener Christkindlmarkt am Rathausplatz – Wiener Weihnachtstraum) in Rathausplatz. In front of the Vienna City Hall, 140 stalls offer local products, crafts and items for the Christmas holidays.
2) Christmas Village in Maria-Theresien-Platz (Weihnachtsdorf am Maria-Theresien-Platz). Village composed of over 60 stalls of wood, in an environment really impressive, with many attractions for children.
3) Artisan and Christmas Market in front of Schönbrunn Palace (Kultur- und Weihnachtsmarkt im Ehrenhof vor dem Schloss Schönbrunn), Schönbrunner Schlossstrasse (courtyard of Schönbrunn Palace). Over 70 wooden houses, children’s games, music and carols.
4) Christmas Market (Altwiener Christkindlmarkt auf der Freyung). The market takes place on one of the prettiest squares in the center of Vienna: the Freyung. Here are many stalls with handcrafted items and fine typical season.
5) Christmas Market at Schloss Belvedere (Adventmarkt vor dem Schloss Belvedere). More than 40 merchants and artisans animate this market full of trees and Christmas lights in a wonderful Christmas atmosphere.
6) Christmas Village in Old AKH (Weihnachtsdorf im Alten AKH). More than 50 wooden houses enliven this market.
7) Spittelberg Christmas Market (Weihnachtsmarkt am Spittelberg), Spittelberggasse. Comprising more than 100 wooden houses this market which is just a ten minute walk from the historic center of Vienna, offers products, arts and crafts for the romantic streets of this Viennese Biedermeier suburb.
8) Winter Market in Riesenradplatz (Wintermarkt am Riesenradplatz). Market that takes place in the famous Prater Park in Vienna, in Riesenradplatz, near the famous Ferris Wheel.